Countless articles will say you need video content to market your products and services. Video is a powerful tool in the advertising industry and stretches to applications beyond merely selling products. The question here is how to convince a starting business to invest in a campaign. It might seem expensive to invest in a campaign that will eventually become outdated. But budget is relative to your business and there are several options that could suit almost any need. You might have an old-school boss in your company that feels business has been moving just fine. But to expand or even just to continue operating in today’s world means adapting to changes in technology. Some people are still stuck in the dark ages but you can convince them. There are numbers and valid explanations to help with this. Let’s examine the major selling points.
- Search Results – The way Google has set up its search engine is to show a variety of results. Be it web links, images, news articles and of course videos. Within the search engine, videos rank higher over other web content results. This ensures mixed results in the content. Beyond this, there is a 41% higher click rate on videos than other search results. People want to see content in video format. Using video is speaking the language of the internet.
- Social Media – Running a social media wing to your marketing and public relations departments is essential. The absolute best way to fill the content of your company’s social media pages is to post videos. Some sites like YouTube will allow you to post extended length videos. While you can take advantage of mobile use apps like Instagram for quick spots under 15 seconds. Social media posts allow you to track the views and likes of each video with ease. Viewers will be able to share the videos they like with other users doing the advertising job for you. This is the best way to create a buzz around your videos and get direct feedback about viewer concerns.
- Conversion Rate – This refers to the percentage of viewers seeing your posted content against the number of sales. If 100 viewers see that you are selling dresses and you sell 50 dresses then you have a 50% conversion rate. Simple enough, but with video the conversion rate is at least double that of print ads. It is so effective that the U.S. government banned cigarette commercials from airing on television. You can say a lot with a video. Before viewers become customers they have to engage with the company and videos create that engagement more possible. They open a dialogue that more often than any other content media results in a sale.
- Public Perception – Video content allows you to manipulate the image of your company more specifically than text. You choose the images that you best want to reflect your company and its values. As well the music that has a strong emotional pull in viewers’ minds. Brand favorability is 35% stronger to those who watch a video over reading the company’s mission statement. Video can take the boring out of the business element. Nothing shows this more than the increase of pharmaceutical commercials. There is an increase in desire for those prescriptions from patients despite not exhibiting symptoms of said disease. Video gives you options to address issues your company is passionate about. Be it the products you make and sell or larger more social and global issues. This idea of branding your image is why companies use video to market themselves.
- User Engagement – Video opens the conversation with its potential customers. It also allows companies to directly engage this in two ways. First, the company posts a video and allows viewers to leave public comments about it. The next is by the users themselves posting video content about the product. This is one you can not stop. Anyone with an internet connection can post a video and say what they like or dislike about any specific product. Companies should get behind this and engage with user comments be it text or video. There can be something to defending a negative review. But there is more impact in being proud of the user reviews that reflect a positive image of your company. Users often leave positive video feedback about a product to inform other potential users. As well as to remind the company they have done a wonderful job. Viewing the negative reviews can help your company learn more about research ideas for improvement.
However, your company decides to market itself video should be a huge part of that. Videos can promote sales as well as market your company as a brand. It applies to how the public views your company and its competitors and the overall industry.